English can be difficult because sometimes words with the same spelling can have different meanings and / or pronunciations.
Here are some examples for you to try to figure out:
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- The farm was cultivated to produce produce.
- The dump was so full that the workers had to refuse more refuse.
- We must polish the Polish furniture.
- The soldier decided to desert his tasty dessert in the desert.
- Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present to his girlfriend.
- A bass was painted on the bass drum.
- I did not object to the object which he showed me.
- The insurance was invalid for the invalid in his hospital bed.
- There was a row among the oarsmen about who would row.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- The buck does funny things when the does are present.
- A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer.
- To help with planting, a farmer taught his sow to sow.
- The wind was too strong to wind the sail around the mast.
- Upon seeing the tear in her painting, she shed a tear.
- I has to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?