Under 18s at Eurospeak
Eurospeak provides English language courses for students under the age of 18 during the summer term.
Non-Residential Junior Summer School
We accept students aged 11 to 17 years old on our junior courses.
We run our non-residential Junior Summer School from June to August each year.
All junior classes are held at 29a Chain Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2HX.
For 2017, the exact dates are: 19th JUNE TO 1st SEPTEMBER 2017
We do not organise accommodation for Under 18s.
We do not organise activities for Under 18s.
We do not organise pick up or drop off from the school to any location.
Every student under the age of 18, requires a parent/guardian who is responsible for their safety and well-being outside of the school. We only accept students who are living with parents or family member locally. In the case of a family member acting as guardian, there should be a parental consent form in which the parent consents to the living arrangement of the student.
The local guardian should be a parent or family member with whom the student resides during their study period.
For all juniors studying with us, we require the following documents to meet the safeguarding regulations in the UK:
- Parental Consent Form signed by the student’s parents, stating that the local guardian is responsible for their child during their stay in the UK, if the student is staying with a local guardian, who is not the student’s parent.
- If the student is staying with a local guardian, who is not the student’s parent, we need the following documents:
- Proof of address of the local guardian (bank statement, utility bill, tenancy agreement)
- Local guardian’s identification documents (passport, national ID card, UK driving license)
- Declaration of guardianship signed by the local guardian, stating that they are responsible for the student’s safety and well-being outside of school hours.
- The parent/guardian will also drop off and collect the student from the school every day, or make the necessary arrangements for this.
- Emergency contact number for the student, parent and guardian (if applicable).
Gaurav Vahi – School Principal, Designated Safeguarding Officer
Telephone: 07931 805819 (24 hour contact number)
Reading Borough Council Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Telephone: 0118 937 3641 (Office hours only)
Telephone: 01344 786543 (Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team)
Opening Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
The MASH team will look into the situation and decide what action to take. MASH may put a support package together or – in very serious cases – take emergency action and take the child into care.
Early Help Hub
Please complete the following form: www.reading.gov.uk/ehcontactform
Please find the related documents below:
Eurospeak Safeguarding Policy
Parental Consent Form
Under 18 Student Rules and Guardianship Declaration Form
Under 18 Pastoral Care Form
What to do if an Under 18 is absent from school