Work Placements and Internships for Individuals
Why do an Internship?
Work placement experiences offer an amazing opportunity for students to experience a real working environment in their field of study.
1. Develop Work Skills
Improve and develop your skills. Work placements allow you to apply the knowledge that you have gained during your studies and to learn about real work life situations, which may be different to the theory.
2. Explore Career Options
Work placement experiences allow you to try working in your chosen field of study before you commit to a lifetime in the industry. It may give you insight into the things which you enjoy doing and things which you are good at doing.
Meet professionals currently working in your chosen field of study, and make contacts for when you have graduated and are ready to work full time.
4. Gain Experience
You will gain knowledge and experience beyond the classroom whilst doing a work placement experience.
- Internship organisation
- Skype interview with potential internship providers
- Host family accommodation (Half-board: includes breakfast and dinner)
- Weekly participant monitoring meeting
- Full orientation of local area
- Induction seminar
- 24h emergency number
- EuroPass CV guidance
- Eurospeak Certificate of Achievement
- Support and mentoring
- Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom (click to open in Google Maps)
- B1 Level of English (Take our Online English Level Test here)
- 18 years of age
Work Placement Fields:
- Business Administration
- Professional Cookery
- Elderly Healthcare
- Media and Marketing
- Food and Beverage Service
- IT and Networking
Work Placement Length and Prices:
|Number of Weeks||Price|
These fees are the planned fees for the period, January to December 2017. These fees are indicative only. Eurospeak Language Schools Ltd. reserves the right to amend or revise fees until a project contract is signed.
- General English Language tuition (15 hours per week) – £90
- General English Language tuition (25 hours per week) – £150
- Airport transfer via. private taxi (one way):
- Heathrow Airport – £75
- Gatwick Airport – £100
- Stansted Airport: – £100
- Luton Airport: – £100
What is expected from you?
- Complete a daily work placement diary
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- An open mind and willingness to learn
How do we select work placement companies?
We have a strong relationship with many companies and organisations in Reading, and organise work placements based on students’ current skills and goals for the work placement experience. Companies are matched with students based on the field of expertise, future goals, skills and qualifications. All companies and organisations are checked for suitability, and the quality of the training and work experience tasks they provide. We always assess students’ level of English, previous work experience, training and qualifications prior to selecting a suitable company for the work placement.
Which companies do we work with?
In the past, we have successfully worked with the following companies and organisations:
- Hilton Reading
- Novotel Reading
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- Basildon Park (National Trust Site)
- Blackwell’s Bookshop
- MAS Recruitment
- Age Concern
We maintain the quality of all of our work placement experiences by gathering feedback from participants and work placement supervisors at regular intervals throughout the work placement experience.
Contact and Support:
We offer a 24-hour contact number for any questions, queries or emergencies that any student may have, in relation to any aspect of their experience in the UK. Our experienced support team has extensive knowledge and experience of providing support and guidance to work placement experience participants from outside of the UK.
What to do next:
- Complete our Work Placement Experience Application Form
- Send your CV and Letter of Motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org