Reading has so much to offer!
- You can travel almost anywhere in the UK from Reading Train Station
- Reading Train Station is the ninth busiest station in the UK outside London and went through a major refurbishment, and the improvements have allowed capacity for at least 4 extra trains in each direction every hour and 6 extra freight trains a day.
- Reading is only 30 minutes away from London and Oxford by train.
- Reading has a good local and national bus service.
- Reading has a very pedestrianised town centre, concentrating your favourite brand ranges in one space.
- Reading has its own football team in the upper tiers of the English league, and beautiful stadium Madejski.
- The River Thames flows nearby, and the River Kennet runs through the town centre.
- Reading Crossrail a new train service that will deliver a faster service to Central London, from December 2019. Two Elizabeth line trains an hour will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
- Reading museum opened in 1883, and describes the history of Reading and its related industries. A gallery of artefacts discovered during the excavations of Calleva Atrebatum (Silchester Roman Town), a copy of the Bayeux Tapestry, finds relating to the Reading Abbey and art collections.
Reading is one bridge away from Caversham, a charming and vibrant town.
- Reading is home to the University of Reading which has many international students.
- The people of Reading visit the large central park to relax, have picnics and admire the ancient ruins of the abbey.
- Shoppers enjoy the high street and the various modern shopping courts, including the new Oracle Mall.
- The Oracle Riverside gathers more than 25 restaurants and bars, plenty options for a day out.
- Reading has a lively student life, which means bars, cafes, discos and restaurants for everybody, shops, swimming-pools, a cultural centre with a concert hall, a museum, a library and hotels.
- There is also the famous Reading Music Festival, gathering young people from all over the country to enjoy Rock, Indie, Rap music, which takes place annually in the summer.
Explore the culture of Reading through the eyes of our students!
The video was created for Eurospeak by Sabrina Giacobbi and Gaia Denicolò.
Shopping in Reading through the eyes of our students!
The video was created for Eurospeak by our fantastic work placement students, Sabrina Giacobbi and Gaia Denicolò.