All posts by admin

Is the NOCN Entry Level 3 ESOL Qualification accepted by the UKBA?

If you are planning to apply for Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR) or British Citizenship, you will need to take the B1 ESOL Entry Level 3 Speaking & Listening Exam. This exam is purely for candidates who wish to apply for ILR or Citizenship, and there are a number of different awarding bodies who issue acceptable certificates.

In accordance with the UKVI website:

“You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1, B2, C1 or C2 level qualification that’s one of the following:

  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
  • an ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
  • on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications

Therefore, the NOCN Entry Level Award in ESOL Skills for Life (speaking and listening) (Entry 3) (QCF)  qualification meets the requirements as it is Entry Level 3, and is on the Ofqual register.

Here is the link to the Ofqual register which outlines the qualification details:

If you are interested in taking this exam in Reading, Berkshire or live in a neighbouring county, like Wiltshire or Oxfordshire, please contact us for more information.

Alternatively, please find attached the link to our online application form below:

After you complete this, one of our representatives will contact you directly.

Learn English in 2015!

Why learn English in 2015?

We all know that English is the international language, but there are many other great reasons to learn English this year..

The Internet

It is no secret that English is the language of the internet. Of all the languages used on the internet, English is the overwhelming favourite.

Internet Languages
Internet Languages






A study made by W3Techs showed that in April 2013, almost 55% of the most visited websites used English as their content language. Although, the number of non-English pages is rapidly expanding. According to Alexandru Rotaru, the use of English online increased by around 281% from 2001 to 2011, a lower rate of growth than that of Spanish (743%), Chinese (1,277%), Russian (1,826%) or Arabic (2,501%) over the same period.


English music sells well, nobody can argue about that. Not only is English language music popular in English speaking countries, but people from Portugal to Japan, Nigeria to The Phillipines, who has not heard of The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna or Adele? Many foreign singers also like to use English to express themselves in song, for example, Gangnam Style and

English speakers  do not have a better musical sense or make the most romantic or poetic songs. Italian and French songs are arguably better in that respect. As far as English lyrics are concerned, most English songs are not concerned with poetry and language exploration. For example, have you ever heard ‘Barbie Girl’…!?

GCSE English Crash Course in Reading, Berkshire

Eurospeak Language School, located in the heard of Reading town, is now inducing GCSE English Crash Course.

Primarily designed as a crash course for local students wishing to achieve the basic GCSEs in Maths and English in order to enhance job prospects, this course will cover a variety of reading and writing skills required for the Edexcel I-GCSE.

Eurospeak is also a certified centre for testing of the I-GCSE, and we accept external students both on the course or just for the exam itself. The course will include English grammar, academic and colloquial vocabulary, an introduction and development of the different text types needed for the exam, and practice in analysing a range of written texts. Classes will start as weekly sessions with more lessons added as the exam dates approach. British students may also find the course helpful for further practice and tutor support alongside regular school classes.

So what are you waiting for, contact us now on 0118 958 9599.

Visit: 29a Chain Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2HX

Free online English Level test

Test your level of English with our free online English level test. The test takes 40 minutes to take and has 120 multiple choice questions. At the end of the placement test you will get an email with your performance and the level of English that you have achieved. Your level will be based on the CEFR scale. (Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced or Proficiency)

So get ready to take our free online English level test.

We hope you find the test useful in evaluating your level of English. If you wish to take English classes or CAE, FCE or IELTS preparation classes our expert tutors at Eurospeak Language School in Reading can help you.

Contact us on:

29a Chain Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2HX

Tel: +44 (0) 118 958 9599


Living in Reading, Berkshire

Local places of worship in Reading

The UK is very multicultural so there are some different places of worship local to Reading for different religions. These include:
Reading synagogue – contact them on 0118957 3954
• Mosque (The Jamme Masjid) – contact them on 01189261565
Reading Hindu temple
Roman Catholic Parish of St James & St William of York – contact them on 01189574171

Things to do in Reading

Reading is a large town with a wide variety of shops, both on the high street and in shopping centres like the Oracle which has over 90 shops. The river Thames runs through the town, so you can go for walks on the waterside. In Reading there is a cinema, theatre, a museum and there are also many clubs and bars.

Getting around in Reading

Reading train station has links to almost anywhere in the country. Conveniently it also provides a short 25 minute train ride to London.

Buses are the cheapest way to get around and you can see all the bus timetables for Reading on the Reading buses website.

You can also take a taxi around, these are more expensive but convenient. Make sure that when using a taxi, you only use ones that are licensed to ensure that they are safe.

Getting an International Student Card

international student identity cardOnce you have an international student card you will be able to get a discount on many things including:
• Flights
• Hotels and hostels
• Bus tours (in many different countries)
• Attractions like museums
• Restaurants and take-aways
• Clothing from many high-street chains
• Your mobile bill

You are illegible for this card if you are over 12 or over and study abroad at a secondary school, language school, 6th form or a college for further educations or a university (this also counts if you’re taking a year out but have a confirmed place at a university).

To get one you need to either order it online (which takes 3-4 weeks to process the application and deliver it to you) or get one at a local issuer on the spot. To do this you need to bring a method of payment with you, a digital background with a white or blue background, a scanned copy of proof that you are a student and a scanned copy of your proof of identity.

After you have your international student identity card you may need to activate it and you can find out if you will need to by visiting this site: If you find it needs activating visit this site to do so:

Cambridge CAE Results – Scoring Explained!

The CAE exam comprises of a Reading, Writing, Use of English, Listening and Speaking section. Each section carries 20% of the total marks.

You can score either an A, B, C (pass), D, E or U (fail).

You will get a statement of results and a certificate if your performance ranges between CEFR Levels B2 and C2.

The pass grades for the CAE Exam are: Grade A (C2), Grade B (C1), Grade C (C1). So if you get a grade A you achieve the CEFR C2 level. If you do not pass, but still do reasonably well you are issued a B2 certificate.

An example of a two CAE certificates of our students are shown below. Once person scored a grade A and the other a grade B. Both passed the exam.


At Eurospeak, we run CAE preparation classes. Classes for next term start on Thursday the 4th of September. Classes run every Thursday and Friday.

We are a CAE exam centre in Reading, Berkshire and the next CAE exam date available is 6th of December 2014.

Special Package for CAE Classes – Save £128 !!!

14 weeks of CAE Classes from 4th of September to 5th of December 2014. (Every Thursday & Friday, Total 28 classes, Each class for 3 hours from 9:30 am – 12:45 pm)
CAE Exam
CAE Book

Normal Price:
Classes: £16 per class x 28 classes = £448
Exam: £105
Book: £25
Total: £578

But at Eurospeak, you can book this package for only £450!! A saving of £128!!!

Call us now to avail this CAE special offer. Tel: 0118 958 9599 or Email: or visit: Eurospeak, 29a Chain Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2HX!



Best video for B1 test preparation

The best video to help you prepare for your B1 ESOL test which is required for British Citizenship and ILR. This video is the ultimate guide to doing well in the B1 exam.

In the video, our ESOL tutor, Andrew, explains the format of the B1 test as well as gives some very useful advice on doing well in the B1 exam. He also covers some sample questions that can be asked in the exam and advises on how to answer them.

Book the B1 exam at Eurospeak. Call 0118 958 9599 or visit: Eurospeak, 29a Chain Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2HX to book your test.

Special offer: Share this video on Facebook and get £10 off the price of your B1 exam at Eurospeak. We run the test every Saturday or Sunday.