- First of all, keep an organised vocabulary notebook, write down every unknown word.
- Look at the words again after 24 hours, after one week and after one month to ensure that you have learned them.
- Read, read, read. It’s easier to remember a word if you see it and especially if you read it loudly.
- Use the new words! You need to use a new word about ten times before you remember it! So try to make sentences with the new words.
- Try word games like anagrams, quizzes, crosswords.
- Find playful ways to practice your vocabulary and new words, write colourful cards with the most difficult words for you, take them with you and read them whenever you have time.
- Learn words with a friend! It can be more fun & easier to learn with someone else, make sentences with the new words and try to use them in your conversation 😉
- Try to learn 5-8 new words per day. A small number of words is easier to remember.
For more information about studying General English, Cambridge Exam Preparation or IELTS Exam Preparation courses with Europeak Southampton or Eurospeak Reading, please contact us on:
- Eurospeak Southampton
10 Cumberland Place
+44 (0) 2380 636 494
- Eurospeak Reading
29A Chain Street
+44 (0) 1189 589 599