The speaking topics for B1 ESOL Exams are the kind of things people talk about in everyday life. These topics typically include: Home, Family and Friends, Work and School, Likes and Dislikes and Weather.
Family and Friends:
• Are you married?
• Tell me about your family.
• Do you have a big or a small family?
• What do you usually do with your family?
• Do you have a few close friends, or lots of friends?
• What do you usually do with your friends?
• How did you meet your best friend?
• What type of house do you live in?
• Do you live locally?
• Tell me about your house.
• How many people live in your house?
• What is your favourite room in your house, and why?
• Where would be your perfect place to live?
Work and School:
• Tell me about your job/studies.
• What would be your perfect job?
• What do you plan to do in the future?
• Why do you think it is important to learn English?
• Do you think university is important for young people?
• How has your education affected your life?
Likes and Dislikes:
• Tell me what you like to read.
• How often do you read?
• What kind of films do you like?
• Do you go to the cinema very often?
• Tell me about the music you listen to.
• Do you like concerts and live music?
• Have you ever been to a music festival?
• What do you do at the weekends, or in your free time?
• How is the weather today?
• Tell me about the weather in your country.
• How is the weather in the UK different to the weather in your country?
• What is your favourite season, and why?
• What do you do in summer?
• What do you think about British weather?
• What do you like least about the weather?
I hope these article on Speaking topics in B1 was helpful. If feel ready, book your B1 test at Eurospeak now. Tests run every Saturday or Sunday! Call: 01189589599 to book.
Update: We no longer run the B1 Exam at Eurospeak, due to changes made by the UKVI from November 5th 2015. To book your B1 Exam Preparation class, please click here.